Debate Night in America

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Debate Night in America

Post by BoSoxGal »

Will you be watching?
Karate Kamala.jpg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Re: Debate Night in America

Post by Burning Petard »

I m very afraid She is gonna treat him with respect, as if he were a real political competitor within the American tradition, If she does, she will come out just like Neville Chamberlain vs Hitler. Trump finds history, truth, reality as all trivial and pointless, Of course I will be watching.

snailgate

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I think this one is all on Trump (which doesn’t bode well for him) if he manages some discipline he may pull out a win but I don’t see a prosecutor getting easily derailed.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

One of my Montana friends suggested we should all drink a shot every time Trump lies - I think my friend has a death wish because anybody doing that would be comatose within 30 minutes.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

When does he lie? My own BS detector says that when ever he begins relating what someone said to him and claims they began "Sir" I know what follows is a lie. A former high level staffer said that when he begins to play his 'air accordion' what follows is pure fiction, I puzzled about that until I actually watched recent speeches. He holds his hands out in front at about chest level and moves the hands towards his center, then quickly away from each other in a horizontal movement, just like pumping a concertina. The tv news stories make it seem that he does it frequently, but I don't remember Steven Colbert using this gesture. For Steven, he seems to concentrate on one hand movements.

snailgate.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I think she has to be careful to avoid turning into a Trump wannabe in her answers; I don't think giving him some respect unless she is directly attacked coupled calling him on his lies (kind of like Reagan "There you go again...") and hitting back when directly attacked. Like Nixon, leave her tougher attacks to her running mate (and, like Agnew, he is a lot better at it).

On top of that, she should stick to facts and plans and be ready to back them up, answering the question asked and calling Trump on it when he doesn't. Trump won't have an audience, so it will be hard for him to keep it up.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I’m a little behind but is Trump going down in flames?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Trump is crashing and burning.

When it's over he will be trashing ABC and saying they were part of a conspiracy against him.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I don't think any votes were changed. snailgate

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

I have to disagree. I don’t see the undecideds staying still and I see some soft Trump supporters getting peeled away. We will see tomorrow.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

If I didn't know much about Trump and knew very little about Harris, this debate would have convinced me to vote for Harris. Trump appeared disheveled irritated and bitter and kept raising his voice more as time passed. His reference to people eating dogs in Springfield made him appear foolish.

Harris seemed calm and well prepared.

I believe that a candidate's personality can sway voters even if the candidate isn't very clear on what they intend to accomplish if elected. Harris won those people's votes tonight.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Honestly, it was justifiable homicide.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sue U wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:40 am
Honestly, it was justifiable homicide.
:ok :lol:
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

IMG_2083.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

IMG_2082.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

WeakestLink.jpg

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I spent a few minutes after with NewsMax, a very pro-Trump cable news network. They were hot about the moderators. Did not do any fact check on Harris with all her lies. I don't know about her lies, but I did think the moderators gave her a free ride on the very first question: Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago? Harris' did not answer it, even indirectly, just went into a prepared speech full of generalities that had little or nothing to do with the question. The ABC moderators had promised to not let either Trump or Harris get away with that, yet they did at the very beginning.

Me, I have my own answer that I have never heard used by a dem pundit: Now I do not see hospital parking lots full of refrigerator trucks to have a place to store all the dead bodies. I think that is better.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes and also so much toilet paper everywhere these days Abundant toilet paper is a leading indicator of feelings of wellbeing.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:13 am
Yes and also so much toilet paper everywhere these days Abundant toilet paper is a leading indicator of feelings of wellbeing.
There's so much toilet paper now that high-school kids are using it on trees again.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

DEI: Definitely Earned It
“Because you have to be twice as good to get half as far.”
—The Ancestors

“I'm not courageous, I'm surrounded by cowards”
—Adam Kinzinger